bioDOGradable Bags Announces partnership with 1% for the Planet!
Rancho Santa Margarita, CA -- bioDOGradable Bags has joined 1% for the Planet, pledging to donate 1% of annual sales to support nonprofit organizations focused on the environment.
bioDOGradable works to offer a patented vegetable blend as an eco-friendly alternative to harmful plastic bags in order to help prevent plastic pollution. With the current state of our environment ravaged by micro-plastics, something more needed to be done. Now, bioDOGradable’s pet waste bags are the first to help fund the fight against plastic pollution. Our goal is to prevent future plastic pollution, while also repairing the damage that has already been done.
- As a new member of 1% For the Planet, bioDOGradable Bag’s donations help support the environmental nonprofit, The 5Gyres Institute; a movement to empower action against the global health crisis of plastic pollution through science, education, and adventure.
- bioDOGradable Bags is a certified Green Business by Green America and is also a proud member of the environmental initiatives, Break Free From Plastic, Plastic Pollution Coalition, and Pet Sustainability Coalition. bioDOGradable believes in working beyond just providing a product by also contributing to powerful movements for positive environmental change.
Collectively, 1% for the Planet Members have donated more than $175 million to environmental nonprofits to-date.
“We are thrilled to welcome bioDOGradable Bags to our global network,” said Kate Williams, CEO of 1% for the Planet. “Currently, only 3% of total philanthropy goes to the environment and, only 3% of that comes from businesses. We need more business like bioDOGradable Bags to do its valuable part to increase giving and support on the ground outcomes.”
About 1% for the Planet: Learn more about bioDOGradable Bags partnership with 1% for the Planet
1% for the Planet is a global organization that connects dollars and doers to accelerate smart environmental giving. We recognize that the current level of environmental giving - only 3% of total philanthropy - is not enough to solve the most pressing issues facing our planet.
Through our business and individual membership, 1% for the Planet inspires people to support environmental organizations through annual membership and everyday actions. We advise on giving strategies, we certify donations, and we amplify the impact of the network.
Started in 2002 by Yvon Chouinard, founder of Patagonia, and Craig Mathews, founder of Blue Ribbon Flies, our members have given more than $175 million to environmental nonprofits to date. Today, 1% for the Planet is a network of more than 1,400 member businesses, a new and expanding core of hundreds of individual members, and thousands of nonprofit partners in more than 60 countries. Look for our logo and visit www.onepercentfortheplanet.org to learn more.
About New Company: 1% for the Planet!
bioDOGradable Bags helps to reduce plastic pollution through education and the use of their certified biobased alternatives to plastic bags. Pet waste currently contributes trillions of plastic bags that ultimately leads to plastic pollution, and it is a category that has yet to be addressed with a sustainable solution. Now, bioDOGradable introduces new methods of disposal through the first Home Pet Waste Composter, bioCOMpet, to safely eliminate harmful pathogens and divert waste from landfills to help support a circular life cycle. These natural bags preserve Earth’s natural resources without the need for fossil fuels and petro-chemicals, which allows it to degrade into a food to be consumed by micro-organisms. This patented vegetable blend addresses the plastic pollution crisis in the pet industry and works to turn pet waste into a high- grade compost to beautify our environment.
bioDOGradable Bags Supports ICENECDEV on their Clean Seas Campaign
What is ICENECDEV?
- ICENECDEV (International Center for Environmental Education & Community Development) was established in 2005.
- ICENECDEV is a resource- based organization. ICENECDEV works with a team of resource persons ,consultants and volunteers to address key Environmental issues related to social and Economic aspects of global, national and local concerns which affects lives, livelihoods and communities in Cameroon and African countries.
- ICENECDEV uses Environmental Education as an approach to share information, create awareness and address issues of global, national and local concern: climate change, Biodiversity conservation, marine litter, water and waste management, Air Quality monitoring, food security, land degradation and disaster risk reduction .
- ICENECDEV enforce and push conventions, Environmental legal instruments and mechanism ratified by Government of Cameroon and African Countries into national plan of action, development program which are translated into local actions and contributing to the attainment of the Sustainable Development Goals(SDGs)
ICENECDEV uses Environmental Education as an approach to share information, create awareness and address issues of global, national and local concern: climate change, Biodiversity conservation, marine litter, water and waste management, Air Quality monitoring, food security, land degradation and disaster risk reduction.
ICENECDEV enforce and push conventions, Environmental legal instruments and mechanism ratified by Government of Cameroon and African Countries into national plan of action, development programmes which are translated into local actions and contributing to the attainment of the Sustainable Development Goals(SDGs)
"Transforming People to Change Attitudes in Order to Appreciate and Value our Ecological Assets and Natural Resources for Our Collective Future."
ICENECDEV Core Value:
- Connecting People to Nature
ICENECDEV Founding Principles:
The work of ICENECDEV is deeply rooted in:
- Needs of People
- Values of Nature
- Imperative for Collective Actions
- Empowering people to protect the environment
- To promote environmental governance and education
- To promote infrastructural development in rural communities
- To alleviate poverty in rural communities
- To promote the conservation of biodiversity in local communities
- To promote sustainable livelihood through income generation activities in rural communities
- To promote human development capital
- To protect communities from environmental hazards.
- Stakeholder Analysis and Dialogue
- Community Consultation
- Collaboration and Partnerships
- Networking and Information Sharing
- Education and Training
- Field Research
- Environmental Auditing
- Environmental Impact Assessment
- Policy Advocacy
Interested in Teaming Up?
Check Out bioDOGradable Bag's Subscription Service
We offer subscriptions for our 100% compostable bags, upon signing up you receive access via email to our subscription portal where you can manage, update, add, or remove your subscriptions any time right from the comfort of your home!
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh
- press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection